Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Chetan Pathak

Hi, I am Chetan Pathak.

I am originally from Mumbai, but have settled in Pune for almost the last 7 years now. I completed my graduation (Engineering in Information Technology), from Vishwakarma Institute Of Technology, Pune.

Currently, I am working with a startup called Kernel Solutions Pvt. Ltd. (Packetgeneral Networks). We are working on a security related product (details for which can be found on the website), which is based on a technology related to File System Stacking.

This is the first place that I joined after I completed my graduation (2005), which gives me a total working experience of about 2 years now. During these 2 years at KSPL, my work has involved a large amount of coding in C, Perl and shell scripting. I also have some basic knowledge in HTML coding, and also quite some experience in testing.

This mixed profile of mine shows, that being a part of a startup, I "have had the opportunity / had to face the burden" of not being only in the _dev_ team, or only in the _QA_ team (or not being part of either, for that matter :-p).

I have also been involved in guiding a few final year projects (since almost as soon as I was done with mine).

That is pretty much what I have to confess :-)

(For further non-technical details, go here).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with Chetan about mixed profile. Actually I realized this when I joined Evergrid, which is just another startup where work experience is quit different in the sense that we don't not get type-casted to a single area like *dev* or *qa*.
This may be due to the fact that these are startups+product based companies. There are some differences between product and service based companies. I have experience about both kinds of work environments. Working in service based companies has its own benefit that knowledge breadth increases as we get opportunity to work in diverse domains where as product based works helps in deep understanding of that particular area.